Total Pageviews

Monday, July 03, 2017

Statue of Imagery


Today I am sharing one of my 6 new artworks called Statue of Imagery here.
I have resolved to write more about my artwork and process daily, so I must single out a piece and talk about it a bit.

People are not as interested in the mechanics of how I create these as they are about why I paint what I do.  I have chosen not to pursue realistic images because that takes a different kind of talent than I have. It encourages the perfectionist in us and thus for me results in automatic negative thoughts (neither of which is healthful).

I am a process painter. I just start putting strokes and shapes on the screen and keep meddling with the results until I wander accidentally into something that I can love (or at least tolerate).

I paint daily as a way of making a difference in this world. I am hopefully providing enjoyment for my viewers and collectors as I pursue a path that is interesting to me and will hopefully leave a legacy beyond my lifespan of value.