Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Creating FileMaker Value

I attended a seminar the other day on value based billing by the author of Measuring what your Customers Value Most. If you are a forward looking business, you will also be looking for measuring the things your customer values most.

I am in the business of helping you automate those measurements. I am also interested in providing you value based on what is most important to you and your business. The difficulty I am struggling with is how to put a price tag on those measurements as well as determining what those measurements are.

Airlines have found that simply measuring their on time arrival, lost luggage and missed connections can be a key predictive indicator of their future sales. If they are doing well in these areas, their sales are relatively optimistic.

For my consulting practice, I believe responding to client requests in a prompt manner is one of the keys to my continued success. Another is my ability to add features to their database that they believe will make their business more efficient and profitable.

I am interested in hearing from any reader who had deeper insight into value based pricing and how they have arrived at actual numbers in advance for projects.

Cheers,
Joel Bowers