Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 03, 2019

“In Other Words” - An attempt at using my own words instead of the quotes of others to communicate about myself, my ideas and my paintings.
6363 - In Other Words


Part 1/5 - In Other Words

Life is a grand experiment, if that’s how you like it.  I do.  

6357 - BFO
I’ve had a BFO (“Blinding Flash of the Obvious”) that prescribes a change in method for my experiments in art.   I still trust that giving the artwork I publish the companionship of beneficial text will help others.  “Help” is an adaptogen that means “inspire, edify, entertain, motivate, soothe, energize, and/or confuse (as the precursor to clarity)”.  I have been posting quotes from great thinkers.  My BFO: I have my own lifetime of thinking, some of which is great.  So the new method is to write my own material more often.

I believe that social media meets its quota of quotes from famous people.  What I find most engaging  - and maybe you do, too -  is when people share their authentic ideas in their own original words.  


Part 2/5 - In Other Words

“Write…,” wrote Alan Watts, “… like you’re a bird flying over us and can see everything, and please, for God’s sake, tell us something that will save us from ourselves.”  Expressing ourselves authentically saves us from ourselves, on both the individual and the societal levels.  It dismantles the walls that section us off from one another.

6358 - Write
The global brain function and richness of experience that come with maturity give us a bird’s eye view.  I wish to offer you the [bounty/dividend] of my authentic bird’s eye view.  As for my family and other peeps, of course they prefer to know my personal thoughts, what I am discovering about myself and my world.

Much of what I hope to pass on in my writing has a spiritual (but not religious) bent.  I might miss the mark in sparking interest.  It’s worth a try.

Part 3/5 - In Other Words

What spurred my new method of word-communication was the powerful, personal story my daughter, Emily, posted on Instagram recently (@emilee_bronwyn).  The feedback from others showed that her story was powerful for them, too.  

When our experience of life resonates with others, it gives more tangibility to quantum entanglement (the ability of objects and organisms to share a condition or state, even at a vast distance).  It connects us.  It produces coherence among people.  Coherence makes everything function more optimally, from a cell to a laser to an organization.  Besides, it makes us happier and healthier to feel connected. 


Part 4/5 - In Other Words
6359 - Coherence


I have been avoiding creative writing, just as I have avoided becoming an exercise enthusiast. I don't enjoy exercise either. I find that, like others, I tend to quit doing the things I do not enjoy.  What have you discovered through quitting what you didn’t enjoy?

I am now looking for joy in coltishly creating and sharing my own written thoughts more routinely. I can still use as source material my inspiration from reading the words of others.

Part 5/5 - In Other Words
Coltish 6360

In looking for a playful way to enter my new practice, I am looking for ideas from you. So far in life, I have used exploration to learn new skills and to stay interested. Play is the motivator that might keep me creating words, not just pictures.  I hope to grow my interest in writing.  I hope you gain inspiration, edification, entertainment, motivation, soothing calm, vibrant energy, and/or confusion (as the precursor to clarity) from my writing.  Tell me, how would you like to be inspired, edified, entertained, motivated, soothed, energized, and/or confused?  


Thanks to my wife, Lisa, whose influence in editing these words has made a huge difference in my excitement to share them.