Total Pageviews

Friday, June 20, 2003

Leveraging my FileMaker Developer Skills to Solve World Problems.

I had a great idea today! I want to leverage my skills with database constructions and automation (using FileMaker - ). I have some great clients and work on a wide variety of new projects with a wide variety of new clients each year. Wouldn't it be great if I could lend more of my skills to the kinds of organizations that "Make a Difference"?

One of my most "Make a Difference" clients right now is FIRST. FIRST is an acronym for Fostering Interest and Recogition of Science and Technology. The organization founded by Dean Kamen with the help of some industry and educational mogels, runs a series of regional competitions and an annual championship for highschool robotics teams. They unveil a new game each year and the teams have to use similar components to build custom robots optimized for winning the yearly game. This year I was proud that FileMaker, Inc. contributed a copy of FileMaker Pro to each of the teams. I helped build the scoring system used at the 20 + regional events and got to help score using "my" system at the championship event at Reliant Stadium in Huston, Tx.

I hope to have time to add to these notes and make this a more interesting blogger site, but for today, this is it!


"Saving the world with FileMaker Pro" project proposed by and all rights reserved by Joel M.Bowers & Associates.